Scheduled yoga classesHEDGESVILLE — Community yoga classes scheduled with instructor Elizabeth Mauck will take place as follows:
• Cardio Yoga, every Monday from 9 to 10 am at the Hedgesville Public Library.
• Gentle Yoga, every Wednesday 6-7pm at Christ Reformed UUC and every Friday 9-10am at the Hedgesville Public Library.
No pre-registration required. A donation of $5 is suggested. If you have yoga equipment, bring it with you. A limited number of supplies will be available for those without equipment.
Walk with a Doc at Farmers Markets MARTINSBURG – A walking program at the farmers’ markets in Martinsburg and Charles Town this summer.
Walk with a Doc is a walking program for anyone interested in taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle while having the opportunity to get questions answered from local doctors. The 30-minute walks are at your own pace and open to participants of all levels.
• The Walk with a Doctor at the Martinsburg Farmer’s Market will be held the second Saturday of each month at 9:00 am. The walk begins at the new market location in the parking lot of St. John’s Lutheran Church on Martin Street. Marches will take place until September.
• Walk with a Doc at the Charles Town Farmers’ Market will be held the third Saturday of each month at 9:00 am. The march begins at the Market Manager’s booth on Samuel Street and will run through September.
The walks do not require any special equipment, just comfortable shoes.
For more information, email Dana DeJarnett at [email protected] or visit http://walkwithadoc.org.
COVID tests, vaccines against
take place every weekMARTINSBURG — The PAAC COVID-19 Surge Testing and Vaccine Team recently announced changes to its free weekly COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Clinics for ages 5 and up.
Every Monday, the clinic will be held at Destiny Baptist Church, 115 N. Raleigh St., Martinsburg. Every Friday, the clinic is at Hope City Church, 115 Royal Crest Dr. in Martinsburg. All testing and vaccinations will be done on a first-come, first-served basis from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rapid COVID-19 tests, vaccines and free boosters are available to all community members. Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for ages 5 and up will be available. All children under 18 wishing to be vaccinated must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No insurance is required.
For more information, email [email protected] or call 304-610-6820. Visit the PAAC Covid-19 Surge team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @PAAC.Surge for updates.
try to organizeMARTINSBURG – Shenandoah Community Health is providing free COVID-19 home testing kits to all community members. PCR testing is available for SCH and non-SCH patients after evaluation by HealthExpress at 99 Tavern Rd., Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Good Samaritan Free Clinic Schedule MARTINSBURG — The Good Samaritan provides free health care to uninsured and underinsured people. The main clinic is located at 601 S. Raleigh St., Martinsburg. She does not make appointments and provides family medicine care in all clinics except Women’s Health Night.
Clinic hours are:
• Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
• First Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m.
• Women’s Health Clinic on the third Tuesday at 5 p.m.
• Rescue mission every Monday from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more information, visit www.goodsamaritanfreeclinic.org.