Survey reveals attitudes towards working from home – The Journal Record

0

Angela Copeland

Just when we thought we were out of the woods, the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving. Every day, the news talks about variants. We keep our fingers crossed, hoping that a complete shutdown does not happen again. In the meantime, companies are trying to find a way to get back to normal. And the employees are thinking about it all.

Glassdoor.com recently published the results of another survey. Glassdoor focused on employee attitudes about returning to the office in the midst of a pandemic. They found that 96% of employees plan to return to the office at some point and that 66% of those surveyed are anxious to leave; 27% of employees said they felt less connected to their coworkers and 26% felt less connected to their company culture.

Employees also felt that working from home could affect their future career path. Some 30% of those surveyed feared that long-term homeworking could affect their ability to get a promotion.

That said, 89% of employees surveyed fear returning to the office. In particular, 35% of people said they fear contracting COVID-19 if they return in person, and 70% of employees surveyed believe that employees should be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they go. go back to work ; 23% said they would consider quitting if they had to return to the office before all employees were vaccinated.

Some 17% also said they would consider quitting their jobs if they were to return to the office five days a week, regardless of COVID-19 or the vaccine.

It’s hard to believe that we still have to think about the pandemic and this new world of work. By now we would have assumed that things would be back to normal. When one thinks of the shared results, it would be interesting to discuss in more detail with these employees. It is unfortunate that 27% of people feel less connected to their colleagues. But how did the remaining 73% feel? It would also be interesting to know how many people felt disconnected from their business while we were still at work in person.

One thing we’ve learned is that not all work is really work. Work can be talking around the water cooler. It’s lunch together. It’s building relationships. The question I keep asking myself is: will work change with working from home? Will we find ways to connect around a virtual water cooler? We have been doing this for almost a year and a half.

Interestingly, 17% of people said they would consider quitting if they were to return in person, regardless of COVID. This shows a change in the work culture. At first it seems irresponsible, but employees have this view as remote working is now offered by more companies.

How do Glassdoor’s findings compare to your opinions on returning to work?

Angela Copeland, Career Expert and Founder of Copeland Coaching, can be contacted at copelandcoaching.com.


Source link

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply