Unknown gunmen kidnap Igbo businessman in Niger state

0


Gunmen suspected of being armed bandits invaded the community of Maikunkele, a suburb of the Minna metropolis in the Bosso local government area in Niger state, and kidnapped an Igbo businessman.

Armed men in numbers are said to have swarmed the area from nearby forests and rocky terrain around Minna International Airport on Saturday, November 20, sporadically firing in the air to frighten possible resistance, after which the thugs moved in. towards their target.

The kidnapping of the Igbo man comes barely a year after another individual from the same tribe lost his life in similar circumstances.

As the shooting went on without dispute, residents ran to safety. Many ran into the nearby bushes while others took shelter inside the nearby weekly local market.

The attackers, it has been learned, allegedly wrote a threatening letter to the victim informing him of their attack.

The threat was not heard or carried out by the besieged Igbo man, however.

Already, there are tensions in and around Minna, the state capital, as news of the kidnapping of the Igbo man believed to be from Enugu state spreads, with locals expressing concern. as to the fact that armed bandits infiltrated the capital despite assurances of protection. life and property by security guards in conjunction with the state government.

The latest kidnapping came just two days after armed bandits attacked a community in the local government area of ​​Munya, state, killing one and abducting as many as 65 people in the early hours of the morning of Thursday.

According to Tribune Online, President Ohanaeze Ndigbo, state branch of Niger, Chief Emmanuel Ezeugo, has confirmed the kidnapping of the Igbo man whose names could not be determined at the time of filing this report.

“I can confirm to you that an Igbo man, running a food store in Maikunkele, was kidnapped by armed men. It’s similar to what happened last year when another Igbo was killed in similar circumstances, ”he said.

The chief of Ohanaeze further revealed that “We were told that the gunmen after last year’s attack on the other Igbo man wrote to their latest victim, telling him that they were attacking him. to him ”.


Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.